Thursday, September 20, 2007

Plugging Away...

I'm still slogging along on the Print O'The Wave stole. I have grafted the two halves together, picked up all of the stitches, knit the miters, and started the knitted-on edging. I had to abandon doing it on the LIRR, as the trains shake so hard the stitches come off the needles. Has anyone else noticed the error in the edging pattern - it's supposed to decrease back to the original number of stitches, and the extra decrease isn't there. I added it in myself, but is it just me? (Please don't answer that...)


I'm not really loving this project - it's dull. The middle is a 12-row lace pattern with purl on the even rows. It should be easy/mindless knitting, but I have to pay strict attention because the yarn is incredibly slippery and likes to try to escape off the needles and ravel into a huge mess.


I still have a tiny bit of the first skein left. Loop Yarns came through again and sent me another skein of the silk so I know I can finish this thing. There are lots of other things I want to start, but I can't let myself do that - otherwise, I'll have 10 new projects (or more) sitting around gathering dust. I'd post pics, but I have no camera battery at the moment.


I usually have 2 projects going - socks for commuting and a large project for home, but right now it is all lace all the time. I'm afraid to start anything new because I'm sure I'll neglect the stole. Just keep going...

No comments: